Boiler not switching off

Ok, I might have managed to fix it.
Let's hope you are correct.

The only thing was I requested 23, and it switched off at 22.5 (little flame on the thermostat went out). Is this normal/ok?
That's probably OK. Unlike the older, mechanical stats, which keep the boiler running flat out until the set temperature is reached, the DT90E starts switching the boiler on and off as it approached the required temperature. This prevents the room temperature exceeding the set temperature, which often happens with mechanical stats. The room temperature is maintained within much closer limits.

Monitor the situation and come back to this topic, if you still have problems.

Sponsored Links
Ok, I might have managed to fix it.
Let's hope you are correct.

The only thing was I requested 23, and it switched off at 22.5 (little flame on the thermostat went out). Is this normal/ok?
That's probably OK. Unlike the older, mechanical stats, which keep the boiler running flat out until the set temperature is reached, the DT90E starts switching the boiler on and off as it approached the required temperature. This prevents the room temperature exceeding the set temperature, which often happens with mechanical stats. The room temperature is maintained within much closer limits.

Monitor the situation and come back to this topic, if you still have problems.

Fingers crossed. Thought I'd jinxed it as I turned the thermostat down a few degrees and the flame icon was out, but the boiler fired up. Thankfully it was for the hot water on the timer. lol

Excellent stuff. Really appreciate your help mate. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back