Boiler NOT turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello can somebody help me as i have no idea about boilers/heating. In Jan we had to have our motorised valve replaced and now we have turned the central heating on for this year the CH comes on with the programmer but stays on even when the thermostat is at 0 and the programmer is set to off, The rads get very very hot and i have had to turn it off at the mains. The hot water has been working fine via the programmer until now the CH has been turned on.

It is a 3 port Honeywell valve set at auto if that helps.

Sponsored Links
i did wonder if it had something to do with the motorised valve that was replaced??? Do you think its something that can be fixed easily and cheaply?

Sponsored Links
Is the motorised valve ( 3 port i pressume) actually the correct way round? ie B port for water or as I learnt it B for Bath ( water) thus A for Heating?

Also, the white ( heating demand) from the motorised valve may have put stuck in the wrong terminal and possibly be getting a perm live from somewhere.............. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back