Boiler Not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Awl, I am looking for a bit of advice, I have a Saunier Duval Thema Classic F24E, I didn't have the heating on for some time (costs) but the hot water worked fine, then in July ish, I switched on the heating and it ran for a couple of hours all OK, then i turned on the hot water tap and the boiler switched off and the little red light started flashing, I switched it off waited 10 seconds and switched it back on, You could hear it going through some start up procedure but would not fire up and that's all it would do, short on cash i have been using the cooker to boil water for shallow baths, last week I thought i would try it again, and it would go through procedure and if i switched the water on at the sink when starting it up, the boiler would ignite for a few seconds and then cut out . But now it has gone back to not igniting up after the initial procedure.
I thought this might be good because it might suggest that it is just (fingers crossed) a dodgy switch and not a PCB fault. Perhaps it was a temperature switch seeing as it was really cold when it would ignite for a few seconds. I would appreciate any thoughts, if it is something i could achieve in repairing all the better but if i have to get someone in it would be helpful to have a ball-park idea, cheers for any help, Sven.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You dont make it clear if the heating is still working.

If it is then it might be a relatively simple fault in which case a local RGI would usually be cheaper than a BG fixed price repair.

But most RGIs dont like that boiler model so many will either refuse to come or just come and scratch their heads and suggest a new boiler!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back