Country
United Kingdom
I have the following problem:

Heating switched off
Hot water switched off

Hall thermostat set to 15degrees
Frost stat in garage set to 4degrees
pipe stat set to 10degrees

I have a Potterton Suprima 100L fitted in the garage and a Honewell L641B1004 pipe stat and a Potterton frost stat.

Problem:
Every 1 or two minutes boiler switches on and the radiator in the hall is boiling hot.
Why is the boiler always on although the heating and warm water is switched off?

Btw, temperature in garage is 9degrees so frost stat should not kick in.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Ulrich

Sponsored Links
It started a couple of days ago.

I remember that 3 years ago a "motorized valve with activator" (whatever that is) was fitted. I am with Scottish Gas HomeCare.
Could it be again a faulty valve? I am an absolute novice when it comes to DIY and appreciate any help. I just dread my next gas bill

Ulrich

It's most likely to be a electrical fault,if you have repair contract call them out dont play with it or they might try to charge you fro interfering with the system.

Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot. I appreciate your comment.

If its a electrical fault I hope its covered by my contract. I have HomeCare 100.

If not what do you think it will cost to fix? Probably to general to ask but just to get an idea.

Thanks again.

Ulrich

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back