Pipe Frost Stats Temp advice please.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a L641B1004 pipe Frost Stats and it was set at 25c in conjunction with a wall Frost stat set at 5c.

But was going on/off every night a few times keeping me awake. It is for a Glow-worm flexicom 15k which is in the Garage. Is it ok to turn the pipe stat down to 10c.

I take it that is still a safe temperature for the winter and prevent frozen pipes? I usually have the heating on for 1 hour in the morning and 3 hours on a night

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thanks Newboy

sorry to be very dim (I have just moved into the house and this is one of many things that are bugging me) - why do Honeywell say it should be 25c? it seems a very high temp to have it at

Pipe stat regulates the boiler return temp....frost stat is switched via air temp.
Frost stat set @ 3c..pipe stat set @ 25c.

Sponsored Links
thanks Steelmasons but that is different to what newboy says?????? if I leave it at 25c it will be on nearly every night in the winter, keeping me awake and using gas that I don't want it to. Any solutions to this?

Again, much appreciated newboy

Which for me it is. I only would want the boiler to start up on a night if there is a risk of Frost/pipes frosting. I have changed this from:

5c on the Wall Frost Stat and 25c on the pipe stat to 4c on the wall stat and 10c on the pipe stat.

for me that is on the only reason for having the Wall and pipe stat (as the boiler is in the garage). Would there be another reason for to have these other than the boiler being in the garage ?

Why do you suppose Honeywell recommend pipe stat setting to be @ 25c????
Crack on & set the pipe stat to 10c...not sure why you asked for advice in the first place???
A pipe stat in conjunction with a frost stat is solely used for frost protection.

Thanks all the reason I am asking is that I have very very high anxiety and if I hear the heating coming on at night I cannot sleep until it goes off and very realy get back to sleep. If I can not have it come on during the night and still protect my pipes in the winter (having just moved In and not realised the problems this would cause) it would help a great deat - Hense my question.

I am sorry if I have annoyed you Steelmasons, I just wanted to know if it would be safe to move the pipe stat down from 25c to prevent the boiler coming on in the night. The pipes are lagged in the garage also

I'm being a plank (again!)

Follow the (much better) advice you've been given :oops:

:cry: that means keeping it @ 25c. more sleepless nights over winter - Not going to be good for my mental health.

Thanks all sorry, if I upset anyone

The heating will only come on when the air temp drops below 3c , seldom do inside air temps drop below 10c unless the dwelling is unoccupied for a while.
I have a feeling you don't realise how the pipe stat operates in conjunction with frost stat..
If air temp remains above frost stat setting the heating won't come on irrespective of pipe stat temp setting.

I think I understand how it works but I am happy for more expert view - If:

the air temp drops below 3c and the water temp on the return pipe is below the set temp (I realise Honeywell recommend 25c) the boiler will stat up. there has to be two in conjunction otherwise it will not fire. The boiler will switch off once the return pipe water is above the set temp on the Pipe stat.

Is this correct?

What I would like is knowing it is ok to have the Pipe stat below 25c (10c-12c) to if it does come on it will not be on for too long and will not fire so many times during the night. Last night the boiler came on and off about 4 times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back