Pipe Frost Stats Temp advice please.....

Turn the frost stat setting to 3c.
What location are you??.is the frost stat in the garage or outside?...if outside then relocate to inside.

Sponsored Links
Frost stat is in garage. Pipe stat is on the return pipe also in the garage, as Is the boiler

Thanks steelmasons, for your patience and advice. hopefully this will work

Sponsored Links
What is the temperature of the garage in relation to the stat.
Remove the frost stat cover and note at what temperature the frost stat dial 'clicks' and then compare with a thermostat..frost stat may be faulty.

currently at about 7c when clicked. when I came back in house it must have activated the heating (as it should as I turned it to 10c). I have left it at 3c. I have also left the pipe stat at 12c.

will this be ok? does this seem ok?

You could also set frost stat to zero or do away with it altogether...

ok I was just asking advice. I have just moved, have a few problems that need fixing, am a bit skint and all I wanted was some re-assurentce. It is always ok when you know - Hence why I came here

Sorry

You were given advice although you failed to take heed of it.......crack on...
Go get yourself some ear defenders...
Wind up...:rolleyes:

same issue here, boiler in outback building, i have set room stat to 0 and pipe stat to 20c, boiler still fires at night if its freezing, its been like this for last 10 years.

same issue here, boiler in outback building, i have set room stat to 0 and pipe stat to 20c, boiler still fires at night if its freezing, its been like this for last 10 years.
You may want to check the frost stat setting.:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back