boiler overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my baxi solo 3 50 pf is now overheating the system is 8 years old
engineer replaced pcb
I replaced thermister, overheat thermostat, room thermostat, mid point actuator.
When i replaced the room thermostat the boiler ran ok about 2 days on both hw and ch any ideas please.
forgot to mention had engineer back. he lowerd the gas flow saying this would lower the boiler temp is he correct

would it be better just to get BG out

Sponsored Links
Important to check your flow and return temperatures. you want around 11-12C apprx. find out what the boiler is shutting of at. Has your pump been wired to the pump overun on the boiler. Should be a minimum of 5 wires going into boiler pcb terminal block. L,N,E,SL and Pump Live. Finally the operation of the Bypass circuit needs to be checked. What happens to blr temp's when programmer shuts off near full operating temp. Poss Bypass,pump or system clean

Important to check your flow and return temperatures. you want around 11-12C apprx. find out what the boiler is shutting of at. Has your pump been wired to the pump overun on the boiler. Should be a minimum of 5 wires going into boiler pcb terminal block. L,N,E,SL and Pump Live. Finally the operation of the Bypass circuit needs to be checked. What happens to blr temp's when programmer shuts off near full operating temp. Poss Bypass,pump or system clean

pump does overun. havent checked bypass circuit but will. have just put room thermostat down to 19c and boiler shut off ok I am going to organise a system flush and fit a magna fillter

you are not checking the temp room stat shuts boiler off on , but temperature that boiler stat is shutting off blr on.
You also need to check what is happening when to temp when blr goes into pump overun when nr full operating temp.
You have already wasted a lot of money. I would recommend getting someone who knows how to check the system/boiler etc properly first before you start throwing more money at parts/powerflushing etc

Sponsored Links
you are not checking the temp room stat shuts boiler off on , but temperature that boiler stat is shutting off blr on.
You also need to check what is happening when to temp when blr goes into pump overun when nr full operating temp.
You have already wasted a lot of money. I would recommend getting someone who knows how to check the system/boiler etc properly first before you start throwing more money at parts/powerflushing etc

the person i had out is an ex BG engineer. I will check boiler temp that boiler stat shuts off and pump goes into overun ,thanks will give update

Rioja suggested that you should get someone who knows how to check your boiler and system.

Merely being ex-BG does not mean anything. They may have sacked him!

Any recommendation is only as good as the person who gives it.

Some people are VERY gulible !

I was called to sort out a boiler with an apparent fault that had been messed up by some incompetent who said he could repair boilers.

Now this made me laugh! The owner met him when he went into a pub for a drink. He was telling someone in the pub about his boiler problem and the barman piped up that he can fix boilers so the customer dragged him across London to his boiler where he proceeded to mess it up and lost a part.

Actually there was nothing wrong with the boiler but the tenants had reconnected a shower which the landlord had capped off so that it was bridging out the hot and cold water.

Tony

Thanks for the rename Tony. Think I shall adopt it.
Cheers MerlotChardonay

Any recommendation is only as good as the person who gives it.

Some people are VERY gulible !

I was called to sort out a boiler with an apparent fault that had been messed up by some incompetent who said he could repair boilers.

Now this made me laugh! The owner met him when he went into a pub for a drink. He was telling someone in the pub about his boiler problem and the barman piped up that he can fix boilers so the customer dragged him across London to his boiler where he proceeded to mess it up and lost a part.

Actually there was nothing wrong with the boiler but the tenants had reconnected a shower which the landlord had capped off so that it was bridging out the hot and cold water.

Tony

gullible no, stupid yes but i didn't post to get pub stories. The guy is gas safe registered but at the moment he is changing parts, all i wanted was a bit of advice so i can get this problem sorted. could it be the heat exchanger and the system needs flushing?

Thanks for the rename Tony. Think I shall adopt it.

Rename Rioja ?

Not at all! I have checked my three bottles of Rioja and they are all spelt like that.

Amusingly one of the web sites on one bottle is:-

www.bode GAS muriel.com

Rioja suggested that you should get someone who knows how to check your boiler and system.

Had originally thought you meant me, but re-reading your post it appears the wine is now talking to you. In Vino Veritas!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back