Overheating and noisy Baxi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi boiler which keeps overheating. After resetting, it would be ok for a few days and then would trip out again. I have just changed the internal thermostat and since then it overheats more quickly and has now started to make lots of clanking noises and throwing water out of the overflow pipe before overheating.

I am considering replacing the overheat sensor next but this could be a waste of money.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's a Baxi Solo 350 PF.

If it gives any clues, It started doing this after intermittently a few months ago after I drained the system and inadvertently ran it for a couple of mins before the water had reached the pump. Sounds like it could be the pump malfunctioning, even though it seems fine. Should I try running the pump on high speed instead of low???

What I don't understand is why it got much worse at the w/e when I had changed the stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back