Baxi Solo 3 PFL boiler keeps overheating!

Also when it overheats the pump will continuously run until it's reset or if the timer shuts on the programme box . Wtf ??

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys - me again,

Thanks for your valuable help, but I still have problems!

I have purchased and fitted a new PCB took my time ensured I placed everything as I should, all looked good and started up fine ect.

After I had the water and Rads warmed up and when the boiler switched off, it sent the water into the loft again and tripped the overheat again, it wouldn't reset for 30 mins - I guess it just got too hot! The new PCB has ensured that the pump is working on overrun.
One of the pipes coming out of the top of the Boiler really is very hot, I can hardly touch it, is that normal?

I have just run the boiler for hot water only and got it nice and hot then switched the boiler off and it did not overheat.
I have just now run the Rads without hot water and got them hot and switched boiler off and hey presto I am throwing hot water into loft and got the boiler to overheat again.
So I would assume that there is there a part blockage in the rads / pipework somewhere? I should say that the rads do work ok, one I cannot get any warmth into, 2 are mildly warm and the others I would say are fine.

I believe that my pump is sound, it does run quietly, it is 5 years old now.

So your valuable thoughts appreciated and thank you Slug Baby for your fire warnings.

Thanks Billy Boy

Sorry to bump an old thread.....but did you get to the bottom of this? Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back