Boiler Overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just found this place looks good :) . I have a slight problem with my boiler, and was wondering if someone can help please.
I have a SARIgas Sintex boiler, working fine till today :( . Basically I had a burst water supply in my back garden and it got repaired today, I thought I should drain the system and refill (Radiator Water), however, when I went to turn the boiler back on the temprature was rising rapidly to around 90 - 100C :eek: and then it started fuming from the top and I quickly turned it off.
After the boiler was not igniting and therefore no warm water or Central Heating :cry: . I took the cover off again and reset the safety thermostat, this has got me back to square one, I think where it ignites but the temperature is rapidly rising.

Does anyone know what the problem is or what I can do myself to fix it and get it back to normal, as my house is very freezing at the moment and there is no warm water also.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I did clean the pump, what is the big screw on the pump for ? I can remember reading something on the side of the boiler that says it should be removed or something when installed the first time.

Can it also be something related to the fan ?

Sorry just trying to get it back on asap.

Screw on front of pump is to blled air/water from it. You could also put flat screwdriver in it to check it turns freely.

Put a cloth under it to catch water when undoing screw. Dont let it run into pcb etc ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate, Im off to try this one and see if it resolves the problem

Nope :( , still the same, it takes less than 10 secs to get from 0 to 80C on the Temp Guage :eek:

You have not got any circulation from the sounds of it then for some reason or another!

mmm, just need to wait three days on the plumber then, in the freezing cold :cry:

Thanks for the help mate, much appreciated

Why do you have to wait three days?

Most firms come out the same day or within 24 hours!

Tony

Some were saying 'booked till next week' this is the earliest I can get. It's FREEZING :cry:

You did check the pump isnt stuck?
Does the pump run?
Has it got a live feed?
Sounds a bit unhelpful if no-one will come out before that
Thats the sort of thing you "fit in"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back