Boiler packed in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have Chaffoteaux et Maury Britony 100 Combi boiler in the house I moved into two months ago. So far I has been working fine except for some fluctuation in water temperature when having a shower. Last night it was doing this much worse and this morning there was almost no hot water at all, but the top of the boiler was very hot. The pressure was low so I opened the filler loop until the pressure was right (1.5 bar) but now there is no hot water. The gas appears not to be lighting.

I haven't been able to find anyone to come till next week sometime so am hoping there is something I can do. Any ideas?

Alternatively does anyone know of someone good in Bristol who might be able to make it before next week?

Many Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
As on another topic Chris Hutt who lives in Bristol is an excellent engineer and I would hope that he can come quickly.

You can contact him from his profile.

Its difficult for me to guess whats wrong from what you have told us.

Tony

Have you tried pressing the reset button? to the left of the pressure guage.

Yes, tried pressing both reset buttons.

I have taken the cover off, and presumably if it is heating I should see flames through the glass window? And there is no pilot light as it is a combi?

The orange light doesn't come on and I can't see any flames which is why I think it is not igniting.

I have got someone coming Monday morning now, at least it's not February!

Thanks guys.

James

Sponsored Links
I hope thats Chris!

Not all engineers are the same!

Tony

I hope thats Chris!
No it's not. A pity because the Britony is one of the boilers that I know very well. I even carry a good selection of spares since I maintain quite a few.

One wonders why people ask for advice and when we give it to them they dont take it!

Tony

It's because we give the advice for free. If they had to pay for it they'd treat it with more respect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back