Boiler Plus Confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to the forums and relatively new to boilers!
I've got a quick question that hours of googling doesn't seem to help resolve.

We recently got a Worcester Greenstar 2000 installed and the plumber without any consultation installed the Honeywell T4 wireless receiver. I am aware that with Boiler Plus you will need 1 of the 4 requirements however I have asked my plumber to remove the Honeywell and install my pre-purchased Hive kit. We have the basic Hive kit (so receiver and thermostat only - https://www.screwfix.com/p/hive-active-heating-smart-thermostat-white/915hg this one to be precise).

He was being fussy about all this Boiler Plus stuff and said that I need to keep the Honeywell installed because it is Boiler Plus accepted (I personally think he had one spare in the van and wanted to shift it because I cannot see one bit of difference from what the Honeywell can do in comparison to the Hive).

Is the Hive actually Boiler Plus compatible and will using it satisfy one of the 4 requirements?

Thanks..!

Sponsored Links
Yes Hive is fine, did you notice that the one in the link doesnt come with a hub that has to be bought seperately

Excellent - THANKS!
By the way I don't need the full smart kit right (hub)? Just the temperature control thermostat and receiver such as that sold at Screwfix would be enough with the Greenstar 2000?

Sponsored Links
Yes Hive is fine, did you notice that the one in the link doesnt come with a hub that has to be bought seperately
I did indeed but preferred not to get it with that hub as it was attached via CAT5 to the router or switch. I was going to attempt to source the 360 version for wireless capability.
I'm hoping without the smart hub still keeps me compliant for the time being?

I did indeed but preferred not to get it with that hub as it was attached via CAT5 to the router or switch. I was going to attempt to source the 360 version for wireless capability.
I'm hoping without the smart hub still keeps me compliant for the time being?
of course, no need for the hub to make it compliant

Thanks very much folks..! You have no idea how difficult it was to just get a simple straight answer on the web! I hope google crawls this and helps those who just want a straight answer with regards to hive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back