Boiler Pressure and Mega Flo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Glow Worm 30Si boiler and a Mega Flo unvented system. All seems to be ok generally with the water and the heating, but the boiler loses pressure over a few weeks and goes from about 1 bar to 0.5 bar.

There are no obvious leaks from the radiators or around the house. I have noticed there is some water, small amounts appearing on the floor underneath the mega flo, but I suspect this is the result of the pressure relief valve kicking in occasionally and releasing water, but the question is would this affect the pressure, or should I be looking for leaks in the piping system?

Sponsored Links
The megaflo tprv should not be 'kicking in' at all unless there is a fault or the valve itself is faulty.

This would have no bearing on the boiler pressure. The 2 pressure systems are seperate, so either you have a leak somewhere or the boiler is releasing water through its own prv due to a fault somewhere.

Incidentally if your Megaflo PRV is kicking in occasionally then you have a problem and need to get it looked at.

Sponsored Links
check the connections on the coil this is under pressure from the boiler and hence if had a drip would depressurise the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back