Boiler pressure gauge at 0

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi there,
Wondering if anyone can help me with my boiler issue!

Two of the radiators weren’t working so I bled em out. Saw the gauge at the boiler it dropped to 0.

I tried to use valves at filling loop but the water started to come out from one of the valves. I closed it but now it’s dripping..

I must have done it all wrong!

Id really appreciate your help here!

Sponsored Links
Some images

Attachments

• 23072761-074D-430B-9D8C-DB730A3D541E.jpeg
    23072761-074D-430B-9D8C-DB730A3D541E.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 121
  • FE8E07EF-57C4-49E6-97CB-D1CBBAE8A63A.jpeg
    FE8E07EF-57C4-49E6-97CB-D1CBBAE8A63A.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 111
They are a bit prone to leaking, I very much doubt you did anything to cause it. Replace the filling loop and all will be well

It wasn’t dripping before though! So I broke it when I opened / closed these valves?

how can I turn off water that is going to the boiler? To stop water dripping from filling loop valve?

How does one know filling loop needs to replaced?

Sponsored Links
They all leak they are cheap rubbish, wrap the valve with a cloth, open both valves till the guage reads1-1.5 Bar the close both valves and it will be fine

They all leak they are cheap rubbish, wrap the valve with a cloth, open both valves till the guage reads1-1.5 Bar the close both valves and it will be fine
Just tried that! Pressure gauge needle not even moving a bit! Stays at 0

In your picture, it looks to me that one valve is open and one is shut. They both need to be open. They are open when the handle is in line with the pipe. In the picture, it looks like the boiler end is closed and the other end is open.

Last edited:
In your picture, it looks to me that one valve is open and one is shut. They both need to be open. They are open when the handle is in line with the pipe.

In the photo both are off.

If I turn the valve on the left regardless of valve on the right is open or close, Water comes out of valve on the left!

In your picture, it looks to me that one valve is open and one is shut. They both need to be open. They are open when the handle is in line with the pipe. In the picture, it looks like the boiler end is closed and the other end is open.
I tried with opening both! Water continues to come out of valve on the left, pressure gauge needle doesn’t move! Stays at 0

have you touched that valve ? it needs to be open and left open do not touch it

InkedFE8E07EF-57C4-49E6-97CB-D1CBBAE8A63A_LI.jpg

All valves need to be in line to top up. When topped up, turn off both hose end valves. Do as Ian says with the gauge handle.

All valves need to be in line to top up. When topped up, turn off both hose end valves. Do as Ian says with the gauge handle.

Are you saying, I need to open all three valves? Two at the filling loop and one near the gauge?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back