Boiler pressure gauge at 0

Yes. I think! When topped up, leave the gauge valve open but close the other two.

Sponsored Links
Yes. I think! When topped up, leave the gauge valve open but close the other two.

tell me this heating was working away fine an hour ago! And this valve near the gauge was closed! So how come it is that it has to stay open at all times..

of course you need to open it and leave it open , forget it is there it is not for you to use, then open bothe the valves at each end of the silver hose until the boiler is at the correct pressure , then close both of them, dont touch the valve at the guage again after you open it

Sponsored Links
Have you ever topped it up before and have you seen the gauge at the correct pressure before? If so, leave the gauge valve and try the two filler valves.

of course you need to open it and leave it open , forget it is there it is not for you to use, then open bothe the valves at each end of the silver hose until the boiler is at the correct pressure , then close both of them, dont touch the valve at the guage again after you open it
Ok let me try this. Boiler is off now should it stay off while I do this?

Have you ever topped it up before and have you seen the gauge at the correct pressure before? If so, leave the gauge valve and try the two filler valves.
Plumber did it for me the last time so I’m not sure. It’s hard now to get plumber over because of pandemic

open the valves and post a pic of them open if nothing is happening

Attachments

• 436F14B8-CC69-45F5-975C-81127B7CCC1B.jpeg
    436F14B8-CC69-45F5-975C-81127B7CCC1B.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 56
  • BC53CC0D-4E2E-4A91-B758-1EDC29E1CB48.jpeg
    BC53CC0D-4E2E-4A91-B758-1EDC29E1CB48.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 53
right put the one at the guage back to the position it was in , but leave the other two like that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back