Boiler pressure gauge at 0

right put the one at the guage back to the position it was in , but leave the other two like that
You mean open? See images please

Attachments

• D54FCFE3-C43F-4EDD-AA04-04A0D9A3B61D.jpeg
    D54FCFE3-C43F-4EDD-AA04-04A0D9A3B61D.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 59EBF327-3A38-4847-A5BB-8DBD6B6E0038.jpeg
    59EBF327-3A38-4847-A5BB-8DBD6B6E0038.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 65
Sponsored Links
Regretting bleeding out two radiators! Now none of radiators will be heated!
And I’ll suffer in the cold! What have I done!!

Does the black handle on the lower end of the Flexi hose ,feel like there is resistance when you turn it ,or does it feel very loose ?
If the latter ,it may not actually be turning the shaft beneath it.
Or your non return valve is stuck closed.
Does the other black handle on the other end of the Flexi feel very loose ?

I turned on the boiler and pressure gauge is looking better. why would it not show me this reading while at off?

Attachments

• 423E9BAD-612F-4B93-9873-D57AD713682F.jpeg
    423E9BAD-612F-4B93-9873-D57AD713682F.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links
Sticky valve. When pump started its kicked it into life. I assume boiler is running now and rads are heating .

Yes! Thank you guys for all your help! you are stars! Helped me figured this out while no plumber is available at this hour plus covid!
thank you again everyone.

another question that I have on mind is which I think you Experts would know the answer of.
I have a pump installed.
It kicks off and make some noise whenever I use hot or cold water in the bathroom. It doesn’t kicks off otherwise.
But since few days now it kicks off randomly. Why do you think that is?

Have you closed both valves on the hose ?
Start a new thread on the pump issue ,and give more details of what it is connected to .

Have you closed both valves on the hose ?
Start a new thread on the pump issue ,and give more details of what it is connected to .
Yes, I have.
Ok I’ll ask separately in a new post
Thank you for your help.

Might be worth posting pictures of how the valves are now.

Go to your local plumbers' merchant and buy a "15mm filling loop". Have that ready for when next you have that elusive plumber over.

And for future reference, if you're not sure if a 1/4 turn valve is open or closed, turn it 45 degrees - it will be open then. Listen for the roar of the flow of water, then turn one of them the rest of the way...if the noise stops then you've just closed that valve, if it carries on then you've opened it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back