Boiler pressure issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello anotherproblem i have is our boiler (believe it is a potterton model - will need to check) reads very high on the pressure gauge. It is a combi boiler and when on the daytime setting if we have heating and hot water up as we have over Xmas the pressure is at the 3 bar maximum. If we switch to th timer it doesn't seem to really work along with the pin timer (again i may have that set wrong), but if we turn the dials down on the heating and hot water the pressure drops but it is never anywhere near the 1 - 1.5 bar it should be. I had a guy from work who put the kitchen units in for us and also did some plumbing alteriations and i had to get him a filling loop - is this anything to do with it?

Can someone get back to me as i don;t know if it means the boiler will blow up and the booklet that came with it seems to describe every model but the one i have and certainly doesn;t troubleshoot. We bought the house a few months ago and think the work was done about 3 years ago (new boiler)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It could be that the filling loop is letting water through into the CH system. Make sure the loop is isolated or even remove it. You will find the pressure does rise when the CH heats up. Best you reduce the pressure by bleeding a radiator until the pressure is where it should be. Usualy the pressure is set when the system is cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back