Boiler pressure loss through condensate pipe?

I wouldn't use dye, you can use inhibitor and its associated inhibitor test kit to test the condensate water, but to buy both would be starting to rack up the price a bit

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't use dye, you can use inhibitor and its associated inhibitor test kit to test the condensate water, but to buy both would be starting to rack up the price a bit

I don’t think any solution will be cheap at this point so I’m willing to give it a try!

PH test could also work. We’ve got a PH test kit from setting up our fish tank so may be worth a shot.

I looked into the fixed price repair but it doesn’t cover heat exchanger unfortunately.

Get some food colouring or even drain tracing dye, if you could introduce it in to a towel rad by isolating it, draining off some of the water inside. Unscrew a cap use a funnel put it all back together, fill, bleed open lockshields.........you'll see the colour in the condensate if the heat exchanger has gone.

The dye won't hurt anything but at least you'd know for sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back