Boiler pressure loss

Sponsored Links
Furthermore HSE informs:

"The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations aim to prevent injury to consumers and the public from either carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning or fire and explosion.
In particular the Regulations require:
* individual gas installers or gas installation businesses to be a member of a class of persons approved by HSE, which is currently CORGI
* Anyone carrying out work on gas appliances or fittings as part of their business must be competent and registered with CORGI.
* CORGI to monitor the competency of those businesses and their operatives to undertake gas work safely and to investigate complaints against registered installers."

Seems pretty final and legal definition of competence to me. As far as I can make out, even if I were to replace a section of pipe, reseal a joint with PTFE or sweat an endfeed in, then I have installed something involving gas and am that point calling myself a gas installer/fitter. Therefore I must lawfully satisfy the requirements of the regulations.

Even a basic generic definition of competence:
"1. a. The state or quality of being adequately or well qualified; ability.
b. A specific range of skill, knowledge, or ability.
2. Law - The quality or condition of being legally qualified to perform an act."

Thus i nor the op are still not permitted to do anything pertaining to gas work under the regulations.

Sponsored Links
See link below to relevant legislation on gas safety.

Bear in mind also all work on the gas side was carried out by a registered Corgi engineer.

However much you might want it to be otherwise nothing in the regulations requires you to be registered with CORGI or HSE to work on a heating system -even on the gas side. The exception is when you are doing work for gain.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1998/98245102.htm#3[/QUOTE]

in itself, IF you are competent, you can work on gas without being corgi registered.
however, it IS illegal to certify a boiler as being installed by a RGI when it is in fact installed by a diy-er. and as we all know, employing someone to commit an offense is an offense as well.
you are at least number 714 in the past 12 months who thought he is clever, but it is very clearcut.
what you have done is illegal, can be prosecuted, both yourself and the cowboy who signed it off.

See link below to relevant legislation on gas safety.

Bear in mind also all work on the gas side was carried out by a registered Corgi engineer.

However much you might want it to be otherwise nothing in the regulations requires you to be registered with CORGI or HSE to work on a heating system -even on the gas side. The exception is when you are doing work for gain.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1998/98245102.htm#3[/QUOTE]

So, if and when you sell the house, you aren't going to gain the difference in price between a house without a system and one that has? So you are going to remove the one you put in and have an installer replace it?

Don't let that numbnut prejudice you. They p1ss all over most of the mainstream rubbish that are out there - I have seem the production line and met the inventor.

Don't let that numbnut prejudice you. They p**s all over most of the mainstream rubbish that are out there - I have seem the production line and met the inventor.

Final decision will be down to the installer and what he's comfortable with, if you know what I mean. But will keep in mind and research accordingly. Thanks

Don't let that numbnut prejudice you. They p**s all over most of the mainstream rubbish that are out there - I have seem the production line and met the inventor.

there are several boiler makes out there that vary from not bad to very good. but what do you do when you need a spare and there is only 1 company in the country that sells them?

i have looked at several alternatives for wb as they are very expensive, but so far have found no product that has a good quality, AND a reliable back up.

there are several boiler makes out there that vary from not bad to very good. but what do you do when you need a spare and there is only 1 company in the country that sells them?

i have looked at several alternatives for wb as they are very expensive, but so far have found no product that has a good quality, AND a reliable back up.

So, you're leaning towards wb?
I like the look of the InterCombi - Atmos seems to give no-nonsense info which is refreshing. Although early days, am also initially concerned by the fact that I've never heard of them, and if they are not widelyspread installed, am a bit worried about their long-term prospects (and hence parts availability) given the current economic climate.

So, Mr Robinson, tell me more and allay those fears.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back