Boiler Pressure Stuck at 0.4, won't turn on. Glow Worm 30cxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Glow Worm 30cxi combi boiler.

Came home today (from being away for 4 days) and the pressure is at 0.4.
When I turn the blue knob to repressurise water pours out from what looks to be the non-return valve.

Not sure if we have two problems, one the pressure being at 0.4 and two the faulty non-return valve, or if they're related. Or maybe a different reason altogether?

I've checked the boiler but there is no loopback that I can see. The water pours out of where the loopback should be (I'm guessing) but can't see where the loopback would go to.
After draining about 5 buckets out of that section it's up to 0.7. It works at 0.5 and above. But should be around 1.1/1.2.

The red and black thing to the left of where the water is coming out just swings loosely. It looks like it should be some kind of lever?

Sponsored Links
Be brave with it - they drip when half open but should stop when fully open.

The red and black thing is your pressure relief valve. Don't touch it

This is a common problem with the design of filling loop fitted to the cxi range. As mentioned, they usually drip a little while you are filling but shouldn't leak as much as yours is. I suggest a new filling loop be fitted. It shouldn't be an expensive job as it should only take about 20 mins to do by a pro.

Thanks guys,

after leaving it at 0.7 for the morning and letting the family have showers, it is now at 1.0. Is it right that it goes up hours after I was releasing?

Is it right that the pressure release valve is so loose? It looks like it should be stiff?

Sponsored Links
As long as you have good cold water pressure, it should rise to 1 -1.2 bar in seconds. It seems like the plastic valve shuttle inside the filling loop has broken off and is restricting the water flow. A new one is the only answer.

Sounds like it has a little muck in it blocking the hole in the manifold where the cold goes in and where the pressure sensor plugs in. Not to hard to get them cleaned out on a service although the non return valve will probably still leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back