Boiler Problem - Ideal Classic FF340

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm not too sure if this has been answered before but I need some help if possible.

We have a Ideal Classic FF340 Boiler (in kitchen) and it lights up ok, but every 1min or so it will click off and switch back on again.
Any ideas on what it is????

The pump in which the central heating is being run off is a grundfos is that helps, not too sure if this is the cause??

The system at the moment is very noisy, more than normal.

Any help is very much appreciated.

I've undone the screw on the pump and water trickles out, I read on here to try that, doesn't seem to have sorted out the problem.

Sponsored Links
Pilot injector partially blocked, soon as main flame lights the pilot pressure drops off and it intermittently loses the signal to the pcb and gas valve. Only real cure is to clean the pilot injector :D

We have a Ideal Classic FF340 Boiler (in kitchen) and it lights up ok, but every 1min or so it will click off and switch back on again. Any ideas on what it is????

Is this happening all the time, or only when the rads and boiler are up to temperature (hot)?

It's happening all the time.

How do I clean the pilot ?? where will I find it,

Sorry I'm no expert......

Sponsored Links
if you're no expert then you should call one in as gas can be dangerous!!!!!

Go back to basics.

Things you can safely check are, is there water in the F&E tank in the loft?

Bleed all rads. If upstairs let out air but no water then sounds like you have the standard cold feed blockage in the cold feed pipe. See FAQ's.

As you say the system is unusually noisey, I would check these first, as it could be there is not enough water in the system so the boiler keeps shutting off.

Other than that get a RGI in to check pilot and also fan & venturis and APS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back