Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anybody help?, I have a baxi Combi 80Eco and have very poor temperature on hot water, the central heating works fine, I have noticed that when you run a hot tap the radiators get hot even if the CH is turned off.

Ideas anyone please

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Failing diverter valve!

Mostly caused by dirt in the system.

Replacement is the best cure.

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for this, I have checked the diverter valve assy, I think this is ok as when you turn on a hot tap a little pin comes out and pushes a brass plate wich pushes a switch (with 3 wires coming from it), I can hear the switch being activated, does this mean the switch is broken ??

Thanks again

No.

Your fault is nothing to do with the front part that holds the diaphragm.

The rear part, the actual diverter unit, will need replacing. It has stuck in mid position.

If your diaphragm is 2 or more years old, it will be best to replace this at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony

Thanks for this, I have checked the diverter valve assy, I think this is ok as when you turn on a hot tap a little pin comes out and pushes a brass plate wich pushes a switch

Thanks again

This is why we encourage DIYers to take the professional's advice because the professionals ( should ) have more experience of boiler faults as we deal with them every day.

If you really dont want to accept what we are saying then how would you explain the CH pipes getting hot if the diverter valve is working correctly?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back