Boiler & Pump Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We just had a new boiler , pump and valve fitted.

We set the heating and hot water to come on at the same time, the problem is the hot water was okay and the rads got hot upstairs but were Luke warm downstairs, I had to turn the hot water off to get heat downstairs.

Can anybody please advise what I need to do to get both working at once? [/code]

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need to call your installer back quick smart and maybe check his balancing of the system.I assume the system was cleaned?

There is plenty you can do but your installer should really be coming back to balance the hot water and radiator circuits.Adjusting lockshield valves and other balancing valves is time consuming and a good installer will know exactly where to start.

Sponsored Links
If your not wanting to bother installer just turn heating on by itself and turn off the rads upstairs till all down stairs are getting hot then turn upstairs back on that should clear any air that was left in the system

Your problem is caused because the hot cylinder takes too much of the flow from the boiler.

That is fixed by adjusting the lockshield valve on the cylinder heating coil but will then take a little longer to reheat.

An alternative is to properly balance the rads so they all heat a the same rate.

Until the installer comes back to properly balance the system/cylinder you can get round the problem by starting the hot water about 1/2 hour BEFORE the heating is set to start. Then all the boiler output is available to reheat the water.

Tony

Your problem is caused because the hot cylinder takes too much of the flow from the boiler.

That is fixed by adjusting the lockshield valve on the cylinder heating coil but will then take a little longer to reheat.

An alternative is to properly balance the rads so they all heat a the same rate.

Until the installer comes back to properly balance the system/cylinder you can get round the problem by starting the hot water about 1/2 hour BEFORE the heating is set to start. Then all the boiler output is available to reheat the water.

Tony

Thanks

Is there anyway I can adjust the lockshield valve on the cylinder heating coil?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back