Boiler pump kicking in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I have a potterton boiler that had to have a new PCB because of an inherant fault. Since then when working and untill it heats up which seems to take ages it keeps kicking in and out continuously this is central and water heating. Another issue is that although the water and heating system is on off the pump kicks in at any given time. When I told the guy who fitted the new PCB he didn't have an answer I might add he is Corgi Registered.

Sponsored Links
I suggest you read the manual for your specific boiler.
My guess would be certain jumpers or settings need to
be set on the PCB. Or the PCB needs to be tuned to your boiler.
He probably has just shoved it in and connect up.
For example on a vokera the fans speeds for min and max burner need
to be adjusted.

I do wish that posters would give more details other than "I've got a Potterton boiler". A description of the system would also help.

might add he is Corgi Registered.

I might suggest you get a Gas Safe person to look at the boiler then as CORGI registration will be out of date and useless. :D

Sponsored Links
Apart from the boiler model the description of the problem is too vague to be very useful.

Its normal for boilers to cycle as they heat up rads or a cylinder. The amount of cycling can be minimised by correctly setting adjustments on a PCB. New PCBs do not come preset and always need to be set to gain optimum performance. Particularly on the Performa range of boilers.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back