Boiler Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed at some of my friends houses that they have a thermostat control, usually downstairs which I assume they can set the temp of the heating. Now I don’t have anything like this, is it dependant on your boiler? I have a Baxi 105HE. It would be nice if I could have a control downstairs.

Sponsored Links
A room thermostat has been mandatory for a few years now on boiler/heating installations.

As you have what seems quite a new boiler, I can only assume that your installer was at fault by not fitting you one.

But to answer your question, yes you can have one fitted. A wireless programmable room thermostat would probably be your best option, easiest to install and give more control than the basic timer, I assume you have, fitted to the boiler now.

Yes. As long as you are confident to wire 4 wires in on the receiver unit, can follow basic wiring diagrams and interpret instructions, it will pose no problems to you.

Make sure you isolate all boiler/heating electrics fully before attempting anything.

Sponsored Links
so basically i fit it where the old timer is?

also does it have to be a certain thermostat from Baxi? Or can other fit it?

If your old timer is external to the boiler, then yes you can.

Any make will do, down to your preference, although at present for simplicity of use the Honeywell CM927 appears to be the most popular on the market at present.

when you say external, do you mean sits on the front panel? If so, then mine is sat on the front panel.

No. By external I mean fixed to the wall near the boiler

Leave this set to constant (24HRs) or remove it and wire the new one in as per the instructions in your boiler manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back