why is my shower not running enough hot water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just had a thermostatic shower mixer installed (pw1239) even with the controls set to maximum heat i cannot get enough hot water for a shower. there is some hot coming through but it seems to be over powered by the cold. i have a baxi 105he combi boiler, the shower valve can be used with a combi as i have checked the manual. i only have this one shower in the house and the boiler is upstairs. all other taps in the house are fine. i have also tried turning the hot water up on the boiler but this hasn't worked either. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi it sounds like you need an in line pressure reducing valve in the cold feed to the shower the hot pressure is reduced after its been through the boiler plate heat exchanger so it can be heated so you need to equal the pressure to the shower inputs to the same each side that should make a difference you can get a double in line valve the gives an equilibrium of pressure out of hot and cold and is pre set

Sponsored Links
Hi it sounds like you need an in line pressure reducing valve in the cold feed to the shower the hot pressure is reduced after its been through the boiler plate heat exchanger so it can be heated so you need to equal the pressure to the shower inputs to the same each side that should make a difference you can get a double in line valve the gives an equilibrium of pressure out of hot and cold and is pre set

Ok you can take a breath now . :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Are you going for the record of the longest sentence to be posted on DIYnot?

Some thermostatic shower mixer has a lockshield manual control behind temb knob. I used to fit mira shower mixer for OAP home and I preset temp for safely. I don't know what shower mixer you got. Can you tell me what model is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back