Boiler quote - is this a tidy quote?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after a bit advice. I had a plumber round to replace my old boiler with a new combi boiler. Now he has quoted me £2k to fit the new boiler in the bedroom (in place of the old copper tank) and remove the old boiler (currently in the kitchen). The house has 7 radiators and one bathroom by the way, and the house is large 3 bed semi.

The guy said a Worcester 28i would do the job. Does this sound right? I'm worried that the boiler will not be up to the job and maybe a larger boiler is needed, bearing in mind the place is a rental property with 4 people living in it. Any thoughts?

Plus he said that all the radiators would need new valves/taps (?) as the radiators were old and would not stand the pressure from the new boiler.

Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers!!

Sponsored Links
A worcester for 2K :eek: :rolleyes:

Way under priced, did he ask for any hay for his horse :LOL:

if he can do a good job for 2k then grab it with both hands... personally i don't like Worcester but they are much high up in the boiler ranks than most.

get a bigger boiler if you have the money if you like

I suspect that you have wheel head type valves on your system and not thermostatic radiator valves. These need changing to comply with current regs.

Sponsored Links
Did he measure the mains water flow rate?

Converting from a tank system to a combi may not be the best idea.

It would also be cheaper to fit a conventional boiler and retain the tank!

Tony

Personally i'd of gone with a vaillant. 831 at a minimum. 4 peoples=lots of water usage. how would this boiler heat the house up when it's getting used at all different times of the day. Big demand for lots of use! And what about when the HIMO reg is placed upon you. this boiler won't cope with two or more bathrooms

Personally i'd of gone with a vaillant. 831 at a minimum. 4 peoples=lots of water usage. how would this boiler heat the house up when it's getting used at all different times of the day. Big demand for lots of use! And what about when the HIMO reg is placed upon you. this boiler won't cope with two or more bathrooms

ditto.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back