Boiler Readings....what do you think of these?

Sponsored Links
My mate and I spent four hours on Saturday, pricing a huge job for early next year... how do we get that back if we don't get the job???
What is there to get back? You are assuming that you would have been out earning if you hadn't been stuck indoors costing out a potential job. How many jobs did you have to turn down - "sorry, I can't come out as I'm pricing up a huge job for next year"?

It's an overhead. Like van running costs, or recalibrating the FGA or the retests you have to take every few years to retain Gas Safe certification, etc etc.

What is there to get back? You are assuming that you would have been out earning if you hadn't been stuck indoors costing out a potential job. How many jobs did you have to turn down - "sorry, I can't come out as I'm pricing up a huge job for next year"?

It's an overhead. Like van running costs, or recalibrating the FGA or the retests you have to take every few years to retain Gas Safe certification, etc etc.

No... it was a weekend and I don't work weekends!!!!

Edit: it was a gripe @D_Hailsham not a cry for help :p

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No... it was a weekend and I don't work weekends!!!!

Edit: it was a gripe @D_Hailsham not a cry for help :p
Read your reply and thought: So it was the time you spent, not the money, that you were griping about, when you could have been doing something more interesting and enjoyable.

But then I read:

Don't work weekends?

Well, I do but... not spec work
You can't have it both ways. Either you are griping about the time you spent, when you could be doing something else, or about the fact that you would only be able to recover the cost of producing the spec if you got the job. As the old adage goes: time is money.

I hope you get the job! :D(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back