Boiler replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a 1930's semi with baxi bermuda back boiler, and hot water tank in airing cupboard. We would like to replace the boiler as every time we get it serviced we are told that it needs replacing - also we would like to free up some loft space for a future loft conversion but there is currently no need to free up the airing cupboard unless we really don't need it. There are 10 radiators in the house. 3 adults and 2 teenagers (all of whom want showers in the morning) Currently when someone turns the hot water on elsewhere in the house the shower goes cold - resulting in slightly raised voices!

What would be the best sort of boiler to get that will be enough when the loft is also done as it will have a shower & I know that with combi boilers the same thing will happen when more than one hot tap is turned on. So am also contemplating getting an electric shower rather than run one off the boiler system. Is this a daft idea or a sensible one?

Can anyone advise me please??

Thankyou
Emma

Sponsored Links
The best system would be a heat only boiler and an unvented cylinder.

However that will require at least 20 li/min of mains water flow.

Best to choose a good installer and ask his advice.

Tony

as you have stated a large hot water usage maybe look at a system boiler and unvented cylinder ;) :idea:

Sponsored Links
as stated,first thing to check is your incoming main

i have a vokera 35he (14 litres per minute) with a mira combiforce thermistatic shower and can easily have a shower with a hot tap running

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back