Boiler Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boilers about 16 years old now, and I'm told it needs replacing. I've a bit of DIY experience with basic plumbing, changing rads, pipes, etc, but am I a little out of my depth when replacing a boiler?.. How hard is it, or is this definitely a job for a professional?..

Sponsored Links
I would say that this is definatley a job for a professional, you can't work on the gas supply unless you're a corgi registered person. I guess if you were really determined you could get a corgi guy in to disconnect the gas supply to the existing appliance, and then if you are suitable competent with plumbing and electrics you could remove the old boiler and fit a new one (except for the gas supply) then get the corgi guy back to check your work, connect the gas and set up the boiler properly.

Please not, i am not a professional so my advice should be taken with a pinch of salt.

AL

Why do you need a new boiler?
For instance, does it have a puddle underneath it?
You have to have a damn good excuse for a new boiler, and age is not necessarily one. If you have good reasons fair enough. Otherwise get the flue ways cleaned and have it serviced properly.

Most boilers come with reasonable installation instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back