Vaillant ecoTec 937 Boiler

An unvented cylinder powered by an an Advanta 18s will give you a much better system, and cost considerably less to run than a 40Kw monster.
You have forgotten that the OP said: "I was also looking at putting a room in the loft so another rad would be added (so that gets rid of the tank in the loft and the hot water cyl).

morrismini said:
A 937 with such a small water store will not give 20 litres a minute for very long at all. I think it drops to around 14 litre per minute when the store is cold.
Exactly the point I was making; and I would not call the 937 a
Agile said:
"medium sized combi"

The 937 is another example of the "here's the solution, what's the problem" syndrome.

Sponsored Links
An un-vented cylinder can go virtually anywhere, including the basement, and even a purpose built plant room outside.

An un-vented cylinder can go virtually anywhere, including the basement, and even a purpose built plant room outside.

They are expensive as they are, without having to build a plant room for them.

D_Hailsham, good post. I am not impressed by the 937. It is also massive for what it is. Very expensive.

An unvented cylinder powered by an an Advanta 18s will give you a much better system, and cost considerably less to run than a 40Kw monster.

Anything above 1 bathroom then forget a combi, even if it will supply the how water, it's never going to modulate down to match the heating load.

Perhaps more important is two girls in the house when it breaks down and you find you have no back-up hot water.

This is a misleading post. There are two bathroom combis around that are cheaper than the setup recommended here.

Back up can be accommodated by a cheap electric instant heater.

Sponsored Links
Missed the "unvented" bit. :oops: Though, presumably, the OP wants to dispense with the cylinder altogether and I doubt if he has either a cellar or an outside plant room. A two-bed, two-bath house sounds more like a modern or refurbished terrace to me.

Well I back again and what interesting posts you have all been putting and thanks for all of the advice. My house is a humble 2 bed with 2 bathrooms one is an one suite, the house was built in 1900 (lucky that it's still standing lol), it hasn’t got a cellar or an out building to put the boiler in and yes I will be putting a room in the loft so that’s why the boiler cant go there. Ok I'm now quite confused as to what I should be looking for in a boiler for the needs that I have asked, I think that Vaillant boilers are good and that’s why I'm looking at them, the other problems that I have it that all of the pipe work in the house is 15mm going to CH and HW, guess that this will slow the warm up of the house down? Sorry guys bit I'm well confused over it all now :cry: but thanks for all the advice that you are giving and all of your time that you are spending on this with me, I really appreciate it ;)

Thanks

Dave

They cannot go in the basement as the discharge pipe has to be above ground level.

no never heard of hepvo traps

or high temp plastic

or tracpipe

or solvent weld

or ultrasonic welding / cleaning

just a plain o'l country boy me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

no never heard of hepvo traps

or high temp plastic

or tracpipe

or solvent weld

or ultrasonic welding / cleaning

just a plain o'l country boy me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It shows. Again, a totally non-constructive post cluttering threads.

Hi guys

Some interesting comments but not being up on hepvo traps and tracpipe is all a bit foreign to me and still doesn’t help with my original question about 7 posts ago, please could someone get us back on track,

Thanks.
Dave ;0)

Hi guys

Some interesting comments but not being up on hepvo traps and tracpipe is all a bit foreign to me and still doesn’t help with my original question about 7 posts ago, please could someone get us back on track,

Thanks.
Dave ;0)

Avantaplus 39C with the outside weather compensator temperature sensor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back