boiler replacement

Sponsored Links
if you want to give advice about boilers then say your advice/suggestions if from a non gas engineer/plumber ;) , now you can say what you want ;)

I assume the if should be is

It is clear from reading this forum that many of the gas technicians / installers / plumbers who freuqent this forum have their favourite brands of boiler. So the advice from them is NOT impartial. There is praise for the good points about their favourite brand but little if any mention of the not so good points of their favourite brand. Such as, when choosing which combi to buy, being told how much cold water will flow out of the hot tap before any hot water leaves the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Many installers do have their favourite brands of boiler.

But I would say that they have reached that decision without being partial.

For instance Intergas gave me a mug this week. Does that make me biased towards Intergas boilers? I don't even have an Intergas teeshirt so not so sure I should recommend their boilers. I also have an Intergas pen but it has stopped working!

Ariston gave me a much better present, a fleece!

I have teeshirts from Alpha, ARGI, Biasi, Main, Viessmann and Worcester so I think that I am going to recommend their boilers in future.

Did have a very nice Worcester jacket but it has become so worn now that I feel embarrassed to be seen in it now. When I last enquired the lady did not seem to want to replace it.

====

So perhaps I should stop recommending Worcester boilers any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
For instance Intergas gave me a mug this week. Does that make me biased towards Intergas boilers? I don't even have an Intergas teeshirt so not so sure I should recommend their boilers. I also have an Intergas pen but it has stopped working!

Ariston gave me a much better present, a fleece!

I have teeshirts from Alpha, ARGI, Biasi, Main, Viessmann and Worcester so I think that I am going to recommend their boilers in future.

Did have a very nice Worcester jacket but it has become so worn now that I feel embarrassed to be seen in it now. When I last enquired the lady did not seem to want to replace it.

So perhaps I should stop recommending Worcester boilers any more.
and the point is ???:confused:

Bernard thinks that a boiler installer is not impartial when having a favourite brand.

My point is that there is very little, only a mug in the case of Intergas, to make a boiler installer partial !

Worcester do offer some incentives to those who fit a lot of their boilers and I could agree they are not impartial particularly when they need to reach their target number of Worcester boilers.

Intergas say More is Less!

May be that is why my lodger broke off the handle?

img_20170121_171242-jpg.119478

OP I think if you read this post properly, you will see that the internet is not the correct place to ask for advice on a new boiler, you will get differing opinions, but best you get a few quotes and then make your own decision, people like Bernardgreen and agile are full of it and are just interested in glorifying themselves, get a few quotes and then research the different boilers but not on here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back