Boiler Rolocation Question

Ok I didn't do the maths on that one, point taken. That was a definite doh! Moment.

Sponsored Links
Baxi defo looking better option, is the guarantee length only difference between baxi 600 and main eco compact.

eco compact cant be piped up the back of it as it has a bar across it other than that its exactly same boiler but couple of hundred cheaper .
some people remove the bar but the jury is out on whether that effects warranty ,
but boiler warranty is exactly same as the more expensive baxi just being 5 years instead of 7 or 10 for the 830... And all done by baxi

Cheers, no need for pipework to go up back in my airing cupboard as pipework already comes up from floor there to loft.
No reason to pay for the extra warranty then I can see.

Sponsored Links
all combis will keep up with your heating requirements, you only need to consider your Hot water needs

Okay Ian, so would a lower powered boiler just take a bit longer to get all the rooms heated up. I would need 30kw for hot water as we had a glow worm compact 80p before this boiler and it was 24kw I think and hot water wasn't great at furthest point in kitchen.

9 rads is unlikely to need more than 10kW in the very depths of the Beast from the East, and considerably less the rest of the year. You should be more concerned about what the minimum output of the boiler is than the maximum. A lower minimum will improve real-world efficiency

I'm sure I checked both the logic and 600 for what they modulate down to. Would I also need to buy a more intelligent thermostat to get full use of this.

Logic goes down to 6.1, which will likely be too much for most of the year on your system, especially if you've got a couple of radiators turned off/ gone off because the TRVs are satisfied. There's also no option to adjust the pump to suit your system. The Baxi is minimum 6.9 so that's even worse.

If you do go for a Logic then pairing it with an OpenTherm thermostat would certainly help to some degree, but ultimately doesn't get over the fact that it's going to be overpowered for most of the year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back