Boiler Rolocation Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current boiler is in the loft of a bungalow. I would ideally like to put our next new boiler in the airing cupboard rather then in the loft. The airing cupboard is in center of bungalow next to bathroom. Is it preferable to connect the prv pipe via tundish to condensate pipe or better to route PRV pipe under floorboards and then take it through and under next room to the outside when boiler is mounted in airing cupboard?

Sponsored Links
PRVs can be combined with condensate pipes these days as long as the correct rated pipe is used and a visible alarm such as a tundish is also used, some boilers now come with both pipes combined

I was looking at either baxi 630 or ideal logic 30. On both of these boilers I don't think its combined.

Sponsored Links
Not sure about the Baxi, but the Logic isn't combined (apart from when the shonky heat exchanger fails and leaks water down the condensate when the boiler is pressurised...). Viessmann combine theirs I think, and some models in the Intergas range are combined.

Alpha boilers are combined, but any boiler can be combined if you use the correct grade of hi-temp pipe and the correct tundish, the tundish is simply a water regulation so you know if you are wasting water, nothing complicated about it all

just run it under the boards to outside keep it easy and straight forward
And go with the baxi far better boiler than the logic

I believe there is also an adaptor kit for the Baxi which permits a secondary PRV in the loft space that can be run to outside. Baxi installers will know more.
baxi as well as few others have kits for this tee existing prv into return .

Thanks for the options, I think I will get it routed under floor, does it still a fall when it goes under floorboards. Also new the logic had problems with sump, I didn't know heat exchanger was also an issue

Last edited:
well if you know the sump was an issue , but didnt know that the heat exchanger was also an issue , you need to do more googling and buy the Baxi

Ian, one reason I was considering the logic was 24kw for central heating whereas baxi was 21kw, both were 30kw for HW. We've got 9 rads in bungalow. Do you think 21kw would be sufficient for that amount of rads.

Ian, one reason I was considering the logic was 24kw for central heating whereas baxi was 21kw, both were 30kw for HW. We've got 9 rads in bungalow. Do you think 21kw would be sufficient for that amount of rads.
more than enough

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back