Boiler Scrappage Scheme. *******s.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heard yesterday that the Governments Boiler Scrappage Scheme came into being yesterday. Hurrah! (Although I wasn't aware of any date being set by A. Darling).

Also heard that to qualify for this scheme you had to have British Gas fit the boiler. Boo!! So that means the customer can get 400 quid off Darling to have his old G rated boiler replaced, then have British Gas charge him 4,000,000 for the priveledge. And, once again, the small companies don't benefit at all and have to watch those thieving bastards walk away with all the revenue this scheme will bring.

Darling, you are a COMPLETE ARSE!!

Sponsored Links
What did you really expect? Govenments only talk to big businesses, so no surprises when there's a stitch-up in their favour.

What did you really expect? Govenments only talk to big businesses, so no surprises when there's a stitch-up in their favour.

Actually, just scrolled down to the "Boiler Scrappage Scheme, don't get excited" link below and discovered that any Gas Safe Registered installer can fit them, so rant over......suppose it always pays to check the facts first.

Actually, just scrolled down to the "Boiler Scrappage Scheme, don't get excited" link below and discovered that any Gas Safe Registered installer can fit them, so rant over......suppose it always pays to check the facts first.
Without checking the facts myself, I am led to believe that the scheme will require overpriced installation costs anyway, which will benefit BG who tend to overcharge more or less as a matter of principle :confused: whilst trying to persuade small companies and sole traders to give quotes far in excess of what they would usually do anyway.

No surprises - BG and other larger companies will quite probably be the main beneficiaries of the scheme, and I wonder who the government consulted :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Without checking the facts myself...
so why are you wasting your time posting uninformed guesses?
I have read the facts as described by others on here (plus associated links) - this is called using "secondary" data to gain information. It's a common method of not remaining "uninformed"- bit like reading books, papers, listening to others who have researched primary data etc.

Anyway, why are you wasting your time worrying about me wasting my time? Is it your time of the month or something? :eek:

p r ick

As far as I can see there is no minimum price for a quote for boiler replacement under the scheme.

Only problem is that most people dont replace a boiler until it has failed but scheme requires its still working.

Tony

Only problem is that most people dont replace a boiler until it has failed but scheme requires its still working.

Tony
Not sure about that:
i.If you are a householder (including tenants) and under 60 you can only apply for the scheme if the boiler you are scrapping is in working order and is the main boiler used to heat the home.
ii.If you are a householder (including tenants) and 60 or over you can apply for the scheme regardless of whether the boiler you are scrapping is in working order. However, it still needs to be the main boiler used to heat the home, and must still be connected to the wet heating system.

As far as I can see there is no minimum price for a quote for boiler replacement under the scheme.

Tony

Am sure I read yesterday that the minimum spend was £2,000.
Yes scheme does require it to be working and I assume they rely on the honesty of the installer for this info, cant imagine they send anyone round.
Sent off my application email yesterday -still no reply, not even an acknowledgement.

Tony

Am sure I read yesterday that the minimum spend was £2,000.
Yes scheme does require it to be working and I assume they rely on the honesty of the installer for this info, cant imagine they send anyone round.
Got my facts from a government website, so it doesn't have to be working providing you're over 60.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back