Boiler Size Opinion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Appreciate if I could get a couple of opinions on below.

Daughter has 2 bed flat 11 rads total(7 actual rads but some double panel)

Had a 28cdi (24kw 10l flow rate) fitted on understanding this would heat flat and be OK to run a shower off of as well when electric shower is eventually replaced.

Seems a bit on small side for this but I'm no expert and would be grateful for any advice or opinions.

Many thanks.

John.

Sponsored Links
It kind of depends how large the rads are but if they all average out @ say around 600x1000 K2's (Type 22) then there's loads of headroom in that boiler to cope with that demand.

It will cope with a normal mains fed bar shower too @ 10L/min, that's also dependent on the cold mains pressure and flow or course.

1. Average radiator is 1.5 kW, obviously some more, some less. 7 x 1.5 = 10.5 kW heating load.
2. Shower should be OK for anything but a giant rainhead.

28 cdi should be fine.

Hi,

Appreciate if I could get a couple of opinions on below.

Daughter has 2 bed flat 11 rads total(7 actual rads but some double panel)

Had a 28cdi (24kw 10l flow rate) fitted on understanding this would heat flat and be OK to run a shower off of as well when electric shower is eventually replaced.

Seems a bit on small side for this but I'm no expert and would be grateful for any advice or opinions.

Many thanks.

John.

Which element are you concerned about? Heat or HW, or when both are on?

If, as I suspect, it is the latter, then worry not. If the heating is ON , and you demand HW, the effort is diverted entirely to HW, and the CH is OFF.
It is plenty big enough.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for replies.

Majority vote for boiler ok and mind now at rest.

Cheers,

John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back