Boiler switched off - how long for condensate to stop dripping?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title - after a combi boiler is totally switched off (CH has been on) after what amount of time would you expect condensate to stop dripping?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Biasi Riva Advance 32SM

Asking because I want to see if there is a leak in the heat exchanger.
there is no set time , but if it is dripping when the boiler is cold it could be the heat exchanger, have to say your boiler is not one of the usual suspects with that fault, are you having to top the pressure up constantly ?

there is no set time , but if it is dripping when the boiler is cold it could be the heat exchanger, have to say your boiler is not one of the usual suspects with that fault, are you having to top the pressure up constantly ?

Yes, losing pressure. Needing to top up weekly now. No issues with PRV or pressure rising. Expansion vessel fine etc. Boiler is dry as a bone otherwise and very clean. No leaks in pipework or rads/valves, not even a weep. Just two rooms where I haven't checked the pipes under the floorboards.

Otherwise had great experience with Biasi. Had an Ideal Isar which was a nightmare but even once I got used to its issues it was fine. But Ideal's engineers left a leak on a repair & then misdiagnosed & subsequently just made up a fault to condemn it just after I'd paid for a new heat exchanger.

Well let the boiler cool down and check to see if the condensate is dripping with the boiler off, as already said not a common problem with your boiler

Well let the boiler cool down and check to see if the condensate is dripping with the boiler off, as already said not a common problem with your boiler

Already did that. Turned off for 4 hours and there was a drip every 30 seconds. Just wondered if I need to keep it turned off longer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back