Boiler swithes off after 2 minutes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( My Boiler (Ideal Mexico - Super FF 2000) will switch off after only a short time and then will not start up again until it has been left a while.
I have experienced problems since moving to house in October (Heating system previously dormant for 6 months) I have circulated and flushed the system with Ferox, taken off several radiators and emptied out sludge. I have recently freed the thermostatic valve on the final two radiators resulting in the heating system being fully operational for the first time. Two days later no heating at all.
The pump is working (have removed and inspected) I guess I have a sludge or an air lock problem but cannot find it.
Please help. :)

Sponsored Links
I think that boiler incorporpates sensors. Ive changed a few sensor kits for exacly that problem.

Do you think a build up of sludge will have affected the sensor. Why would the sensor break down now?

Sounds like a flow problem - I've read on these forums of things like "powerflush" or mains pressure up the drain cock for a few seconds. Don't overflow your header tank.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I will try the mains pressure up the drain cock. would it be worth putting in some sludge remover as well. Will this stop the boiler cutting out? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back