Boiler Timers - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone out there can help me with this...

I've just moved into a small 2 bedroom terraced house. As I live on my own, the Stelrad Ideal Spirit combi boiler that I inherited suits me quite well. I know its a bit old, but it seems to cope with my heating and hot water without any particular problems.

The problem is it has no timer - only a simple on/off switch. This wasn't a major problem when I moved in, as I only needed the heating for an hour a day in the autumn, but now the Yorkshire winter is setting in, I really need to be able to set the heating to come on an hour before I wake up!

Any bright ideas? I've searched for this on the forum, and someone implied that fitting a timer was an easy job - but I can't see an obvious place to attach one, and I didn't inherit my boilers instructions from the previous owners. Do I need to call in a gas man (or electrician?) or is this fairly straighforward?

Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
it should be fairly straight forward but as always depends on how competent you are. I do not haver experience with this boiler or indeed know if it will take a timer.
It should be a matter of getting a timer to connect to the control panel at the boiler.

usually wired, but can have rf signals as well. my worcester has a mobile wireless room stat and controller that 'talks' to the boiler control panel by rf signals.
That may be an option as well.
Generally would say a competent heating engineer would be better than electrician. As always do your own research in to these things before attempting any work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back