boiler tripping mains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an "Alpha he cb33" combi boiler when we put the heating on it will stay on for a while then trip out mains, we leave it for a couple of hours and try again, it will be ok for about an hour then electric will trip out again. I have noticed that the pump gets hot, is that normal or could the pump be the reaon the electric trips out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Pumps do get Hot , they circulate Hot Water , How hot do you mean ?, When you say putting on the Heating and the Mains blow , it would suggest either a Fault on the Pump or on a Motorised Valve , check cables going into them , if somebody has used just Normal Flex on a Pump or Valve after a while it will break down and possibly short out ,

Best of luck and come back and let us know how you get on

Lucky

Hi we have the same boiler and the same problem. It started in late april then as the weather got warmer didn't restart until recently. After investigation (reading other blogs) and testing we think it is something to with the flue and condensation getting into the boiler and blowing the main fuse box. Going to call alpha after the hols for advice. Not sure of solution but at least it is not a new boiler.
[/b]

Sponsored Links
if somebody has used just Normal Flex on a Pump or Valve after a while it will break down and possibly short out ,

I have yet to find this happen when PVC covered flex is used. I have found only once when rubber was used, major disaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back