Boiler tripping mains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got back fom the pub and no electric? kept resetting the trips until i isolated the boiler. if i switch the boiler off at the mains the trip stays in.
The boiler is an ideal classic and is now 10 years old - anybody have any clues as to why it has suddenly decided to trip the electrics?

Cheers

lee

Sponsored Links
Do you have 1*3port valve or 2*2ports?
Does it trip as soon as the power is turned on or does it take a few
seconds?

Hi Mick,

not sure about the port thing, but if as soon as i turn the boiler mains on it trips the ringmain in a nanosecond

You need to look, probably in the airing cupboard for the pump and valve(s). there may well be a water leak causing the electrics to trip.

Sponsored Links
Right. turn the boiler switch - under the flap - to off, if there isn't a seperate switch turn the boiler thermostat knob to off and try the power again.
Although the boiler is in the kitchen the pump and valves might not be, as I said, they're usually in the airing cupboard next to the cylinder.

the mains still trip after i turn the boiler off using the switch under the flap?
could it be related to the timer or roomstat?

the mains still trip after i turn the boiler off using the switch under the flap?
could it be related to the timer or roomstat?
Yes.
more likely to be pump or valves though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back