Boiler tripping the electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a Worcester Bosh Greenstar CDi installed five years ago - in the summer. As soon as the cooler weather started the boiler would trip the electrics several times a day when we switched on the hot water. The installer came back - couldn’t find anything wrong. Same story every year since - soon as it gets cooler this problem starts up - and then disappears usually mid to end of October. We’ve had two different engineers plus the original installer and none can work it out. Now it’s just started happening again this week! Has anyone heard of this before or can explain what could be going wrong? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not something I’ve heard of before, I would check for loose wiring connections though. Are you sure it’s the boiler, and what exactly trips?

It happened during the night again. When I woke up this morning power was off. This isn’t individual circuits - sockets, lights etc but the whole thing. The only things that were in were fridge and computer , tv etc on standby. I switched all back on and then when I turned on the hot tap everything went again. First time it’s happened overnight. Usually happens when we turn on the hot tap it when the heating goes on. The weird thing is this doesn’t happen any other time - just this month or so at beginning of autumn!

Strange one that. Possible moisture ingress to the electrics, or a small leak.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this. I get that the temperature change in the morning might lead to moisture but why doesn’t it continue? Any idea?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back