Boiler under gassed - AT RISK

To the OP while the others are chatting!

The installee should have upgraded the pipe as required to get the 1 mB maximum loss. Talk to him and if you are not happy with the response ask Gas Safe.

A friend was taken to task over an undersized supply and the nice inspector agreed that he could/should charge the customer for fitting an adequate gas pipe.

My view is that its AR when its so low.

But last winter on a very cold Sunday I saw this boiler that I could not set up properly and I found the supply pressure into the meter was only 15 mB.

Tony

Tony,

Thank you for your post. If the original installer has bent me over once before and is unlikely to fix it without charging me anyway it is probably best to just have someone else do it.

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to run the pipe around the exterior wall to the boiler? I estimate that it is about 12 - 15m from meter to boiler.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back