Boiler under stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I've been reading various thoughts on this so am after clarification on the building reg governing the placement of a boiler in a ground floor cupboard under the stairs. My understanding is that this is permitted in a 2 storey residential property. However in a 3+ residential property the cupboard would need to be made fire resistant?? My concern is my current boiler is under the stairs and I am looking to have a loft conversion, thus making my property 3 stories (inc ground). If I got the boiler replaced before the loft conversion was carried out would I still need to fire proof the cupboard at a later date when the loft conversion is carried out? Or would this requirement not be applied as the boiler was in situ before the property was converted from 2 to 3 stories.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Boilers are not put in fire resistant enclosures in high rise blocks.

If your boiler catches fire, the subsequent gas explosion is not going to be contained behind any door.

The boiler is irrelevant if doing a loft conversion you will need to protect the underside of your stairs to 1/2 hour resistance anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back