Boiler unsafe due to flue

Sponsored Links
Yep u are right !! reg 27 (5) states

No person shall install a flue other than in a safe postion !!!

para 182 explanation state's

The location need's to take into account any possible development's in neighbouring property e.g extension's !!!

However logic would dictate that if an open flued appliance ?? was effected by an extension & it resulted in the loss of life or injury to the occupant's I would suggest that there would be a duty of care on those who built the extension ect ect , but in most case's we are talking about a RS appliance ???

Well said!

Saved me having to say it.

Its obvious that in this case the flue was not installed in accordance with the regulations because it discharges over the neighbours property.

In these cases there is often important information left out of the original posting.

More discussion between neighbours and more consideration would avoid all these situations.

In this particular case I dont see any solution other than rerouting the flue which is unlikely to be possible or fitting a new condensing boiler with the appropriate flue for the situation.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your replies.

From all the information you have given me I think the original owners of my property should have postitioned the flue without any interference with my neighbours boundary.

My neighbour should have objected to the flue being positioned in the first place, he has actually told me in the past that he watched it being done!! Only now has he decided to build this car port to cause a problem for me.

Good job we do not need to use our boiler for heating at the moment, I have 2 small children and have used this boiler throughout last winter, that in itself concerns me!!

I have no option to pay for this to be rectified, he should have warned me at least what he was about to do. Makes me wonder if anyone will actually be able to reach the flue with the car port in the way!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back