boiler warranties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, quick question for installers. Are boiler warranties transferable to next owner of properties or does this vary by manufacturer? E.g. Baxi platinum current 10 yr warry. House gets sold after say 3 years. Would warry. normally transfer to new owner or would it go out the door with the original purchaser?

Above just for illustration. Either said platinum is outstanding and Baxi don't expect to have to pay out often, or, load of carp and it's the only way they can shift them. ( hardly a sustainable business model I would have thought.)

Regards Dohdalls.

Sponsored Links
Baxi is a big name company. As an installer I have had no issues with technical backup from this lot. Why should Baxi use underhand tactics to shirk their responsibility? A boiler is fitted at an address and such will. I am sure, will be looked after by Baxi PROVIDED their requirements are met i.e. the boiler is serviced as suggested by them and it has been installed as specified in the manual i.e. not fitted to a dirty system.

Not suggesting that Baxi would shirk any responsibility DP, and if I gave that impression I apologise. As said in op just used Baxi as an illustration. Just trying to get an idea if boiler manufacturers tend to warranty to original users/purchasers only much like tv's ect or if warry normally transferable.
If not installed correctly or serviced as specified i wouldn't blame ANY manufacturer for refusing to honour the warry.

Sponsored Links
For clarification re my example using Baxi... straight from the horses mouth.
The warranty is for the boiler at the address where it is installed. As long as it stays installed at the original address the warranty will stand even if occupiers details change.
Heateam response to email sent last night. Big up for Baxi then!! :D

The warranty covers the appliance so there should be no reason that it wouldn't be covered regardless of new owners etc.

Not the case i think Piers. Some manufacturers websites don't list warry terms and conditions, at least i couldn't find them easily but 2 that did, if i read them correctly, said the warry was to original purchaser's only. I won't name them, but both big manufacturers.
I think it's as Dan said earlier, depends on the boiler.

Not the case i think Piers. Some manufacturers websites don't list warry terms and conditions, at least i couldn't find them easily but 2 that did, if i read them correctly, said the warry was to original purchaser's only. I won't name them, but both big manufacturers.
I think it's as Dan said earlier, depends on the boiler.

Id be interested to know which ones that is...

the merchant is essentially the first purchaser and then the installer usually so the end user.

A warranty is for the operation of the appliance so its unusual to hear this about some manufacturers.

If I've got this wrong please correct me. :oops: The following from one manufacturers warry. terms and conditions,

The guarantee applies to the boiler at the installation address, and is not transferable with a change of the homeowner.

Try a search using V as the first letter.

Regards Dave

If I've got this wrong please correct me. :oops: The following from one manufacturers warry. terms and conditions,

The guarantee applies to the boiler at the installation address, and is not transferable with a change of the homeowner.

Try a search using V as the first letter.

Regards Dave

go on... spill the beans

thought I already had mate. :) try a search using VA as the first letters

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back