boiler warranty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in the process of getting quotes to replace my aged Gloworm spacesaver 38 on a vented system to be replaced by a system boiler.
I know that most boilers these days come with a 5-8 yr warranty.
One chap said to me that if I have any problems after he has installed it I should go through the boiler manufacturer if I have any boiler breakdowns (Vaiilient in this case). Is this correct, i would have thought that the installer would be the first port of call in case of a breakdown. should i steer clear of anyone that says that?
Any thoughts
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would expect either the installer or another engineer would look at it first, to diagnose the issue. Then the manufacturers engineers if the issue warrants their attention.
The manufacturer will expect the installation be carried out to their instruction and an annual service history.

Ok thanks, how does it work then, u do the repair and Vaiilient would re imburse you.?

Sponsored Links
there are certain faults, low system water pressure, controls faulty or not set correctly,electric or gas supply problems and if you call the manufacturer out to any of these they will charge you for the call out and rightly so, find an installer that is happy to service the boiler ever year to keep the warranty valid and if you have any problems they should see you OK , that is how we operate.

Not necessarily as I had an old boy today who had no heat or hw on his Logic. Fault was too many resets.
He reset it loads of time Aa his heating wasn't coming on.
Salus timer that he couldn't work.
Reset boiler showed him how to set programmer. No charge.

sometimes if a customer explains the fault and its obviously not an installer issue i will call the manufacturer out for them and not attend.

The customer has warranty with manufacturer but alot of times they will.ring and ask advice.
In certain cases such as when system water pressure is too low or the Gas supply has been switched off and then reinstated .It is easy enough explaining how to.soet it out themselves
On occasions We will attend and if it's a warranty issue then the manufacturer is notified accordingly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back