boiler warranties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ideal Standard quote 2 yrs warranty and WB are normally 5+ years, any reason why the big difference?

Sponsored Links
Long warranties are a marketing tool to trick people. None of the manufacturers want long warranties and a warranty length has feck all to do with build quality.

It is purely a numbers game and underwritten by insurers and loaded into the purchase price of the appliance.

Ideal I believe is the first to blink and start bringing the warranty periods down to something more realistic. @shambolic may be able to confirm more.

Last edited:
Long warranties are a marketing tool to trick people. None of the manufacturer's wants long warranties and a warranty length has feck all to do with build quality.

It is purely a numbers game and underwritten by insurers and loaded into the purchase price of the appliance.

Ideal I believe is the first to blink and start bringing the warranty periods down to something more realistic. @shambolic may be able to confirm more.
Eh we’ve just upped Logic plus to 10 if filter bought with it and Vogue up to 12 if accredited installer :ROFLMAO::whistle:

Sponsored Links
10 and 12 years? I feel cheated with only 7 years on my Vaillant. :cry:

Long warranties are a marketing tool to trick people. None of the manufacturer's wants long warranties and a warranty length has feck all to do with build quality.

Well you were advised to get an Intergas with a 10 year warranty and rejected it...

Only one of those statements can be true. Which one? :LOL:

Should stick to being a grease monkey, trying to understand things in here is clearly confusing him

Well, the way Dan explains it, long warranties are just a marketing tool to trick people and have feck all to do with build quality or is it only other manufacturers that trick people and not Intergas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back