Evo warranty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how long the warranty is on an Evo installed on 11th November 2006??

Ideal are saying 12 months and a customer is saying 2 years.

Ideal say the warranty changed in April 2006 to 1 year.

Anyone can clarify it would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
The Evo is a plumbcentre boiler, have they checked the serial number for boiler. It all depends on installer terms with plumb/ideal for length of warranty. 1 to 5 years. If the right bits of paper haven't been completed/sent off at time of install you'll only get statutory 1 year.

Anyone know how long the warranty is on an Evo installed on 11th November 2006??

Ideal are saying 12 months and a customer is saying 2 years.
Don't forget that, in the event of a problem with a boiler, the customer's claim will be against the person who supplied the boiler. If you supplied and installed it, his claim will be against you. You can, of course, claim against the person who supplied you with the boiler. As to who pays for any work, that will depend on the terms of the contact and any warranty/guarantee you gave your customer.

Read PHIA Guide

if the boiler was installed through the A1 scheme and the installer sent the paper work back to get his £50 then the cover is 2years. This is an agreement with A1 and all of the boiler manufacturers they use.

I had trouble with this aswell when i forgot to send 1 back to A1

Spoke to ideal who decided to give the 2 years as it was purchased under the A1 terms at plumb centre.

Sponsored Links
All Evo boilers are guaranteed 3 YEARS from date of installation. This is a special arrangement through Plumbs.

I have had the idiots at Ideals call center insist it only has 12 months, but after they talk to a supervisor they then accept it is 3 years.

Get you Plumbs manager to call them and explain if necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back