boiler warranties

Sponsored Links
shambolic

Ideal plus max . is it available in 12 or 15 kw system and is it reliable, say more reliable than WB??

Well, the way Dan explains it, long warranties are just a marketing tool to trick people and have feck all to do with build quality or is it only other manufacturers that trick people and not Intergas?
Warranties are a marketing tool for all brands - there's no correlation between warranty length and build quality. This is very simple.

shambolic

Ideal plus max . is it available in 12 or 15 kw system and is it reliable, say more reliable than WB??
The answer to your first question is yes, it is available in 15kW system (or 12kW heat only if you prefer). Is it more reliable than a boiler brand which has 350 engineers running around the country 365 days of the year trying to keep everyone happy? Who can say? I suspect Shambolic, as an Ideal employee, is probably obliged to tell you that it is, but personally I'm not a fan of either boiler

Sponsored Links
It’s up to you. We have a lot of boilers out there now and apart from the odd thing now and again the Logic has been good.
10years Old now.

Except IF finally got the dual pass HEX right.... If Ideal had gone serial pass, and not used cast iron tops and bottoms, it would have been there.

But like the Icos....they screwed up the details and ruined the product.

I did have a soft spot for the Response though. It had a worse reputation than I think it deserved. It was a victim of its size too - being shoehorned into tiny cupboard making servicing tricky. Oh, and the rather energetic ignition :LOL:

Except IF finally got the dual pass HEX right.... If Ideal had gone serial pass, and not used cast iron tops and bottoms, it would have been there.

But like the Icos....they screwed up the details and ruined the product.

I did have a soft spot for the Response though. It had a worse reputation than I think it deserved. It was a victim of its size too - being shoehorned into tiny cupboard making servicing tricky. Oh, and the rather energetic ignition :LOL:
Had to remove them from Northern Ireland as they caused a few “issues”
Write yer address on the flue so you could find it up the street :LOL:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Had one where the burner peeled itself inside out and deposited the HEX fins at the base. Still lit up too ... in a manner of speaking :LOL: Would have been interesting to see what Mr Anton detected.

Wb ten years , guarantee btw , a lot different than warranty

The only difference is the level of marketing bullsh!t. It's a warranty which they have chosen to call a guarantee, that's all

The only difference is the level of marketing bullsh!t. It's a warranty which they have chosen to call a guarantee, that's all
Blah blah , they honoured a few boilers that never got serviced nor registered , can’t say many manus would do that , and for this reason that’s why it’s a gurentee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back